OoT has a tendency to keep things that are off camera unloaded and unchanged until you look at them in order to save memory. Schrödinger's Chain is an apt name for a trick that exploits this fact to enter Hyrule Castle after night has fallen and the drawbridge has risen. It's simple to do and is used when you can get a view of the drawbridge during daytime, but you know you will be unable to make it there before night.
In order to execute this trick, get a view of the drawbridge on camera while it is down during day time. Then turn around so it is off camera when night falls, and backwalk towards the bridge. Despite night falling and you hearing the chains being lifted, the bridge will still be in the down state until it is back on camera and reloaded. Being careful to not get too close to the bridge, line up on the inside of the stone blocks in front of the chains. Then sidehop up onto the chains that are still down. Release target so the camera pans outwards and gets enough of the bridge in the shot to load it. The chains will snap to their "up" positions, carrying Link with them. From here you may jump past the drawbridge and enter the Market. Note that there are also three invisible red rupees atop the drawbridge which can be useful in several routes which use this trick. The following video shows Schrödinger's Chain in action.
- At 0:03 Sun's Song is played so it changes to night time for the purpose of showing off this trick.
- At 0:11 we get a view of the drawbridge in its "down" state before night falls, then we turn around to get it off camera and unloaded before it starts to rise.
- At 0:14 night falls, and we clearly hear the drawbridge being raised. However this state change will not take effect until observed.
- At 0:27 we get on the inner side of the stone block on the ground and target to lock the angle. Then we sidehop up onto the chains and release target so the camera pans out enough to load the bridge. The chains immediately load the "up" state taking you with them.
- At 0:34 we see the three red rupees on the top of the drawbridge, and then we enter Castle Town at night.